Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Research Coordinator, Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Research Coordinator - 2308126
This position will provide assistance and support to the PI and research coordinator with tasks related to the implementation and maintenance of the study, both in the office and out in the field.
- Data Management
- Maintaining up-to-date study files and forms
- Preparation for fieldwork
- Ordering recruitment materials, supplies and incentives
- Mailing study fliers, brochures and participant correspondence
- Training new RA’s for study involvement
- Scheduling/ coordinating recruitment and home visits
- Attending weekly team meetings & providing study updates
- Submitting monthly reports to study funders
- Disseminating lab results to study participants
and implementing recruitment strategies to meet enrollment targets
Duties as a Field Technician include but are not limited to:
- Approaching eligible building units to introduce study
- Using appropriate screening tools to determine participant eligibility
- Collecting contact information for scheduling and follow-up
- Performing lung function tests (PFT and eNO) on enrolled participants
- Administering study health questionnaire at time of home visit
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field preferred, or a combination of relevant research experience and education
- 0-2 years of clinical or laboratory research experience
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.