Mount Sinai Careers
MEDICAL SECRETARY - REHABILIATION MEDICINE
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Medical Secretary - 2309182
Roles & Responsibilities:
- May schedule appointments for patients.
- Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider.
- Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
- May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician.
- Education: Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Experience: Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing clinical duties; Certified Medical Assistant required if performing Medical Assistant duties; Experience: 2 years of related experience.