Mount Sinai Careers
Lead Data Science Analyst - Mount Sinai Health Partners
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
1. Responsible for the design and implementation of data-driven insights to enable value-based contracts and commercial offerings. S/he supports the contract lifecycle from initial development and planning, through pre-sale and implementation, to reconciliation.
• During planning phase: analyzes variance to identify opportunities and risks; develops pro-forma scenario models of contracts and terms; creates reports to guide negotiations with prospects• During implementation: forecasts performance results and supports client-specific areas of interest.• During reconciliation: measures performance of our products across financial, patient satisfaction, and quality outcomes. Applies performance evaluation that fulfills contract terms and, when appropriate, the demands of rigorous outcomes research methodology.• Works with departmental staff to identify requirements for reporting and / or business intelligence tools.• Identifies necessary data and methodologies; collects, integrates, analyzes and interprets data.• Leverages advanced statistical analysis methods to create insightful recommendations and conclusions that are effectively communicated to assigned stakeholders.• Partners with and mentors junior data science analysts through the design and development of analytic deliverables.• Identifies and addresses expected and unforeseen data complexities to mitigate their impact on the analytic outcome and associated business decisions. Clearly communicates data issues to the recipients and works to improve data quality where possible within the analytical models created. Feeds data quality issues back to IT to assist in the objective of obtaining high quality data.• Develops and presents reports, analyses and findings to senior management and others as scheduled or requested.
3. Acts as liaison/analyst for internal stakeholders, understands their needs and translate them into reporting and analytic solutions.
4. Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a relevant field of study; PhD degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, preferably working in a health plan or consulting actuarial, financial reporting or medical economics departments or healthcare provider analytics related to managed care contracting, population management, clinical or financial decision support, with at least 2 years experience building or leading the development of advanced statistical models.
- Strong data mining skills using tools like SQL, R, Python, SAS, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform complex analysis and make recommendations based on statistical inferences. Experience with a wide variety of analytical or statistical methods.
- Strong working knowledge of Business Intelligence products (Tableau, SAS, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Excellent oral and writing skills; ability to communicate effectively with varying audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate goals, plan and implement processes to achieve those goals, recognize and assess the implications of confounding variables, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced interpersonal (e.g., mediating, mentoring, teaching) skills required to service internal and external clients effectively.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently, and to exercise independent judgment in developing complex techniques or programs in a dynamic environment.