Mount Sinai Careers
PROJECT COORDINATOR II - Dean's Office (Conflicts of Interest)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This staff position in the Office of the Dean reports to the Director of the Conflicts of Interest Office. The Project Coordinator has an essential role in analyzing and evaluating scientific projects as they relate to the management of financial conflicts of interest.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating projects
- Creating and maintaining supporting documentation for projects
- Working closely with Chair of the Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research Committee to identify issues and develop project-appropriate strategies
- Staffing Financial Conflicts of Interest in Research Committee and Working Group, including but not limited to: developing agenda; assembling and disseminating documents; taking minutes; following-up on action items; developing meeting schedules; take and track attendance
- Working with faculty and staff to obtain and exchange information expeditiously
- Collaborating with other School offices, e.g., Grants and Contracts Office, Institutional Review Board, to ensure timely and appropriate review of projects
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Project management experience in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Writing sample must be submitted at time of application
- Interest and/or experience in scientific studies a plus
Other preferred qualifications:
- Strong project and task management skills
- Aptitude for analyzing information and formalizing results/conclusions
- Ability to manage and meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, database entry/management.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.