Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Research Coordinator, NYEE Otolaryngology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Research Coordinator, #2310740
The Clinical Research Coordinator is an entry
research position, responsible for conducting and assisting in clinical
research studies, obtaining informed consent, collecting, maintaining and
organizing study information. This individual assists in the preparation and
submission of grant applications and documents (e.g., Institutional Review
Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized human subjects research using appropriate research or interview techniques specific to subject matter of the research project, providing support to the Principal Investigator
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research including, but not limited to: obtaining informed consent, screening participants for eligibility, registering patients with sponsoring agencies, administering questionnaires and answering telephone calls
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with Mount Sinai policies and procedures. Ensures accurate, confidential and complete compilation of data
- May secure and ship clinical specimens as required by the protocol
- May assist in the preparation for regulatory agency site visits
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in science or related field preferred, or a combination of relevant research experience and education
- Experience: 0-2 years of clinical or laboratory research experience
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.