Mount Sinai Careers
PROGRAM MANAGER II - GERIATRICS/PALLIATIVE CARE
Strength Through Diversity
Research administration: Across all research projects and investigators, this individual will be responsible for the management of data use agreements including communication with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) and National Institutes of Health (NIH) representatives as needed; Mount Sinai IRB submissions; and timely submission of NIH or other funding agency progress reports in conjunction with research faculty. keeping up to date and in compliance with NIH policies regarding database use, restrictions, data sharing plans, data safety monitoring plans; facilitating investigator interaction with and submission to the Mount Sinai IRB.
Personnel management: This position includes the day-to-day management of our data analyst research staff. This includes spear-heading process for identifying new hires, coordinating interviews, assisting with new employee on-boarding procedures, and coordinating across investigators for timely submission of employee progress reports.
- Oversees and manages the activities of subordinates and consultants and provides leadership and direction for staff, if applicable, setting an effective agenda to ensure that performance goals are met.
- Develops and independently implements new or revised program goals, strategies and objectives to sustain and grow programs and services.
- Performs needs assessments and analyzes and studies participant, member and community needs for basis of program development.
- Develops and schedules a program work plan in accordance with specifications, objectives and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates program activities through assigned staff; prioritizes and delegates work activities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ownership of work, successfully prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment, but also be a part of a cohesive team.
- 5-7 years’ experience in research project administration including interacting with CMS regarding data use agreements and managing research personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and manage competing priorities using strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience handling high volume of diverse tasks, under deadlines, with consistently excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and collaboration skills.