Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE PRACTICE MANAGER - SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Offsite Practice Manager - 2311152
The Practice Manager provides operational and administrative support to physicians and practice administrators regarding policies and procedures, billing related training, contractual relationships with managed care organizations, capital procurement and space allocation. Serves as a liaison with all levels of Mount Sinai Medical Center to ensure efficient delivery of non-financial services to practices of participating physicians.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates planning, training and implementation of conversion of new practices to the billing system. Works with administrator to develop and prepares the billing implementation plan.
- Establishes practice site procedures to ensure the efficient flow input data and billing.
- Develops and supervises the preparation and implementation of new uniform training programs for billing activities and performance measurement.
- Serves as liaison and communicates to Administrators, physicians and other to modify third party reimbursement and proposes modifications in service delivery arrangement.
- Plans and coordinates capital equipment procurement for practices. Ensures that all necessary support services are provided. Coordinates space allocation in the building.
- Serves as liaison to all levels of the Medical Center and School including department heads and chairmen to ensure that non-financial services are provided and outstanding issues are resolved.
- Supervises and coordinates various personnel activities including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, training, disciplining and making salary increase recommendations.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and team work in support of the department and organization’s goals and objectives.
- Reviews and evaluates manual and computerized practice office support system such as scheduling, telephone answering, dictation, medical records, etc.
- Assists in the development of new methods, procedures and/or processes to increase efficiency and to improve service deliver, production, equipment performance, scheduling and quality control.
- Ensures adequate staffing for unexpected/emergency coverage.
- Provides work direction, guidance, coaching and training for staff.
- Performs other related duties.
Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field
Bachelor’s degree preferred
5 years medical insurance experience including medical office administration, benefit verification