Mount Sinai Careers
Medical Interpreter, Bilingual Polish Required, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Medical Interpreter, Bilingual Polish Required - 2311324
The Medical Interpreter communicates information such as symptoms, medical history and diagnosis between LEP (Limited English Proficient) patients and medical provider.
- Conducts medical and general interpreting for staff, patients and their families
- Assesses and monitors patients’ understanding of information conveyed
- Records and monitors interpretation activities according to hospital and department standards
- Communicates as clearly as possible for both the LEP patient and/or family member and the medical provider
- Conveys thoughts and feeling as accurately as possible and does not impose his/her ideas
- Relays information in an accurate and concise manner and does not omit, change or add information
- Assists LEP in-patients and out-patients and/or family members throughout the medical center
- May be required to translate written documents
- Performs other duties as required
- Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience: 1-3 years interpreting experience in a hospital setting
- Must be compassionate and understanding of the needs of the patients
- Certified by the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, preferred
- Must be fluent in both English and Polish language
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.