Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING COORDINATOR-SENIOR CHARGE ENTRY - Urology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Posts moderate to complex charges for services; reviews encounter forms for accuracy; ensures correct data entry of codes; ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with required targets
- Performs batch reconciliation of all charges entered
- Works and corrects moderate to complex system edits related to charge entry as assigned
- Coordinates with practice personnel to resolve registration issues
- Identifies and reports error trends in edit reports
- Reviews accuracy of billing documents and resolves issues and inconsistencies
- Maintains supporting documentation in accordance with departmental policies
- Maintains and updates tracking logs as required
- May post charge corrections and perform reconciliations
- Mentors less experienced staff and may assist Billing Manager with training of new employees
- Performs other related duties
- High School diploma/GED
- 2 years experience in medical billing or health claims. Experience with IDX billing systems preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.