Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SPECIALIST
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai - Ambulatory – Requisition – 2311526
Job Title: Offsite Echocardiography Specialist
Roles & Responsibilities:
Performs echocardiograms and exercise stress tests of a non-invasive nature. Maintains a high level of professional expertise to obtain consistent and accurate diagnostic information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs echocardiograms and exercise stress tests of a non-invasive nature in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Provides expert assessment, evaluation and prepares preliminary interpretation for attending cardiologist’s review. Applies knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and imaging techniques to optimize the quality of ultrasound images.
- Provides preliminary diagnostic evaluation and makes preliminary measurements and calculations on data obtained in doing echocardiograms. Notifies cardiologists of results of examinations.
- Consults with cardiologist to establish requirements for non-standard examinations and determines technical factors to satisfy requirements.
- Maintains day-to-day patient and study logs, equipment maintenance, data acquisition, and records statistical data (procedure volumes/interpretation volumes).
- Obtains/maintains and runs the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program in accordance with ICAEL (Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories) standards of accreditation.
- Manages quality assurance protocols in conjunction with ICAEL standards including managing correlation data for patients who have undergone transthoracic echocardiograms and other diagnostic procedures, such as cardiac catheterization and nuclear stress tests.
- Maintains records of cardiologist Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Reviews test results with physicians, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Maintains echocardiographic equipment and scan rooms.
- Assists in maintenance of supply inventory and requests all necessary supplies for test area.
- Oversees nuclear stress tests to make sure proper technique/guidelines are followed.
- Performs other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associate’s degree required from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Professionals (CAAHEP).
- RDCS Certification (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) issued by the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) Required OR Certification from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Exercise Test Technologist issued by the American College of Sports Medicine preferred
- Must maintain BLS (Basic Life Support) issued by the AHA (American Heart Association)
- 1 year of echocardiography experience
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.