Mount Sinai Careers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT II - REHABILITATION MEDICINE
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Medical Assistant ll - 2312476
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring, dressing, collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc.
- Assists physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include sending and receiving patient medical records, obtaining lab or x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Completing forms and requisitions as needed, managing charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately.
- These responsibilities may be carried out using the electronic medical record (EMR) system or manually as necessary
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or equivalent training and experience.
- Experience: 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant. Certification as a Medical Assistant from an approved school or two additional years of experience as a medical assistant.