Mount Sinai Careers
Patient Coordinator II - Brooklyn Heights - Mon-Fri, 8a-5p
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Brooklyn Heights – Ambulatory Gastroenterology – Job Requisition 2312546
Job Title: Patient Coordinator II - Brooklyn Heights - Mon-Fri, 8a-5p
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Offsite Patient Coordinator II is a senior or lead individual in this role, who greets and establishes first contact with patients in the practice or via telephone. S/he performs in a reception capacity, confirms and updates patient demographics and verifies insurance as necessary to ensure that patients have active coverage.
- Greets patients either in person or via telephone, and updates their insurance/demographics in the practice management system. Obtains insurance authorizations as required.
- Communicates the patient’s arrival with appropriate staff, and ensures that the patient’s medical record is available for the physician.
- Processes/updates HIPAA-related paperwork and other institutional forms as necessary.
- Monitors waiting area on a routine basis and ensures that patients are kept advised of wait times.
- May schedule patient for follow-up appointment as needed. Provides patient with guidelines for requesting medical records, if necessary.
- May perform simple charge entry tasks and enter payments collected from patients.
- Answers phones for practice and schedule appointments.
- Follows HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents.
- Mentors lesser experienced Patient Coordinators and related practice support staff.
- May initiate reminder phones calls for next day appointments.
- Performs other related duties.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 3 years minimum of physician practice experience.
- Must have a minimum of one week of training on site (provided by the practice)
- Medical Office setting experience preferred, including utilizing a computerized program for physician scheduling.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.