Mount Sinai Careers
RADIOLOGIC TECHNICIAN - BROOKLYN HEIGHTS - WEEKENDS, SAT-SUN 9AM-5PM
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors – Brooklyn Heights – Ambulatory Radiology – 2312574
Job Title: RADIOLOGIC TECHNICIAN - BROOKLYN HEIGHTS - WEEKENDS, SAT-SUN 9AM-5PM
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Radiologic technologists must follow physicians’ orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers from unnecessary exposure.
- Help patients transfer to the detector or exam table and ensuring adequate patient immobilization to perform exam.
- Verify proper patient identification on the study and route it to the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS). Send required information to Virtual Radiologic when indicated.
- Place demographic information in the reading room for interpretation.
- Maintains a daily log of patients seen.
- Operate the equipment to acquire a variety of imaging results.
- Obtains essential information from patients, medical records, and previous scans for clinical correlation.
- Monitor patient reaction to treatment and changes in physical or mental status, reporting change to the appropriate person.
- Prepare and assist patients for radiologic procedures as requested by a physician.
- Provide patient care with dignity and respect for the individual. Educate patients about the procedures to be performed.
- Obtain optimum quality images through employment of proper anatomical positioning, slice thickness, radiologic techniques and other required techniques in accordance with the protocols designed by the radiologists.
- Ability to maintain a great knowledge in human anatomy and cross section anatomy, proper positioning skills, and appropriate utilization of protocols and scanning techniques.
- Observe and follow safety procedures to include radiation protection and universal precautions.
- Carry out quality control checks on equipment, reporting deficiencies to proper personnel for action.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate flexibility in work assignments.
- Demonstrate commitment of total quality management and the tenets of service excellence by acting in accordance with the organizational mission at all times.
- Keep familiar with changes regarding technology and safety for self, patients, and visitors.
- Process studies onto CD or Film format (when applicable) for patient study requests while maintaining proper HIPPA compliance.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and working area.
- Practice sterile technique and prevent cross contamination.
- Maintain familiarity of the emergency drugs and equipment's location.
- Maintain familiarity with the departments booking, scheduling, duplication, and PACS systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through training and fulfillment of continuing education requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of routine procedures and applications.
- Ability to maintain continuing education credits and professional licenses required by the New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Environmental Protection and The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Promote and follow Mount Sinai policies, rules, and regulations.
- Execution of related duties as necessary or as assigned.
- High School and a graduate from an accredited educational program that is approved by ARRT.
- ARRT Certification(s)
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience in a radiology environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.