Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM CHILD BIRTH EDUCATOR
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Provides therapeutic and emotional support for patients and their families utilizing a range of developmentally appropriate activities, including play, preparation for a medical procedure, education, self-expression, and family support to help cope with hospitalization, illness, death and dying. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Child Life, Child Development, Special Education or closely related field and Certification in Child Life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides a normalized, therapeutic and safe environment for individuals and groups in Pediatrics.
2. Develops plans of intervention by utilizing the program's resources.
3. Plans, coordinates and participates in patient and family teaching, in-service education for department staff, pediatric students and volunteers, community education programs and special events.
4. Coordinates special events such as holiday celebrations, parties and the participation of outside individuals in department programs.
5. Offers education and/or training to outside community groups.
6. Responsible for his/her continuing education to maintain professional development.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Child Life or Child Development