Mount Sinai Careers
ACCOUNTANT - The Department of Sponsored Projects Accounting
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve all transactions for each grant/contract according to the Sponsor’s and School’s policies and procedures
- Compare salary/effort charged to grants/contracts to approved award budget
- Work closely with Sponsored Project Supervisor, administrator/PI of the grant, accounts payable, payroll and School Accounting to facilitate timely and accurate transaction processing
- Ensure all cost transfers are properly explained and documented according to the School’s Cost Transfer Policy
- Ensure any mandatory cost sharing requirements are properly documented when the FSR is prepared
- Ensure cost allocations between grants for closely related work are allocated based on a reasonable and approved methodology
- Identify instances where prior approvals are necessary. Work with supervisor to process any necessary prior approval
- For non-letter of credit grants/contracts, prepare bills according to the grants billing cycle
- Prepare financial status reports required by the Sponsor
- Ensure properly approved time and effort reports exist for all personnel charged to grants/contracts when FSRs are prepared
- Responsible for grant account closing process
- Review accounts and prepare journal entries to correct errors
- Maintain and update HN3U1/HQTUZ to ensure accuracy and completeness of annual Time and Effort Reports
- Ensure monthly animal charges are consistent with the approved species. Work with CCMS, IACUC and PI/Administrator when necessary to correct incorrect charges
- A Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year accredited College or University
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.