Mount Sinai Careers
Revenue Cycle Analyst I - Epic
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2313482
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Revenue Cycle Application Analyst I assists in the analysis, design
and preparation of application/system specifications for information systems
solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successfully achieves certification in Epic Resolute as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
2. Works with client management to identify and specify application requirements.
3. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of the equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
4. Participates with client and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and installation processes.
5. Assists in the design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
6. May assist in the preparation of logic flow-charting
7. Participates in projects involving Epic Resolute
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Epic Certification in Resolute PB
- Professional billing experience
- EPIC certification desirable but should be achieved within six months of hire.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in hospital or professional healthcare billing setting
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Certification or Proficiency preferred
- Experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.