Mount Sinai Careers
IT Technical Engineer II - Messaging
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Messaging - Req #2314436
IT Technical Engineer
The IT Technical Engineer II provides engineering, operational support and problem resolution for systems or an environment required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas, which may include Exchange Messaging Servers, Windows Servers OS, Server Hardware, Active Directory, SharePoint, Lync, RightFax, Enterprise Vault, AirWatch MDM, Microsoft Office 365, etc.).
2. Tests new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. Create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
3. Performs daily functions that include end user support, system support, implementation and software update/upgrade and co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
4. Maintains software versions management controls.
5. Understand Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
6. Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
7. Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
8. Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
9. May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
10. Provides investigation services to assist with legal requirements.
11. May mentor other IT Technical Engineers.
12. May act as a Project Lead.
13. Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
14. Maintains and augments manuals
15. Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
• 5+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
• Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
• Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc., or specific language and environment as needed for the system assigned.
• Ability to create a bill of materials for project
• Working knowledge of network topology and routing protocols.
• Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc – Telecom
• Very good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
• Must have excellent trouble-shooting, organizational and documentation skills
• Must be able to work with a team to manage changes
Strength Through Diversity