Mount Sinai Careers
PROGRAMMER ANALYST II - NEUROLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Works from or writes specifications to develop or modify software programs that will improve the efficiency of the operating system.
- Develops logic, codes, tests and debugs software packages defined by higher-level software programmers or self.
- Modifies, tests and debugs vendor supplied utilities, packages and engineering releases to better suit them to the operating environment.
- Assists in developing and modifying relatively complex software, such as routines supporting multi programming, telecommunications and file management.
- May provide assistance and training to other Programmers.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Three years of experience in systems programming, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires knowledge and ability to write clearly in Assembler and other higher-level languages, and knowledge of computer algorithms.
- Good communication skills.