Mount Sinai Careers
Revenue Cycle Application Analyst I - Epic
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successfully achieves certification in Epic Resolute as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
2. Works with client management to identify and specify application requirements.
3. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective solution for the systems design considering existing systems, available technology, the capacity and limitations of the equipment, operating time and form of desired results.
4. Participates with client and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and installation processes.
5. Assists in the design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product.
6. May assist in the preparation of logic flow-charting
7. Participates in projects involving Epic Resolute
8. Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
*EPIC certification desirable but should be achieved within six months of hire.*
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in hospital or professional healthcare billing setting
- Epic Resolute Hospital Billing Certification or Proficiency preferred
- Experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment