Mount Sinai Careers
Optometrist, Department Ophthalmology NYEE
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Optometrist is a licensed professional who performs refractions for the prescription of eyeglasses, as well as pre-tests for patients requiring additional intervention in an eye care practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preliminary screening examinations for physician review including, but not limited to, central and peripheral visual field tests; ocular motility tests; color vision tests; pharmacological pupil tests; tonometry, tonography and tensilon tonography tests to determine intraocular pressure and pupil testing for size, equality and reaction prior to dilation.
- Obtains medical and personal data for patient charts.
- Screens patients for conditions excluding ocular examination; arranges for laboratory and other tests, ophthalmic photography, outpatient studies and patient admissions and surgery as requested by physician.
- Addresses patient and family concerns by explaining diagnostic procedures and method of treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) in optometry or relevant health care field
- 1+ year minimum experience as Optometrist
- Licensed Optometrist in State of New York
- Infection Control certificate
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.