Mount Sinai Careers
Mobile Mammography Tech- 2-5 years
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
145 - Radiology - 102nd Street- 2315102
What You’ll Do:
· Performs Mammographic procedures.
· Applies the necessary technical judgment to obtain studies of an acceptable diagnostic quality according to written protocols and the patients’ needs.
· Assists, prepares and positions patients as required to perform Mammographic procedures
· Provides patient education relevant to specific imaging procedures by informing the patient of the nature of the procedure, the area to be imaged and any specific instructions the patient may need.
· Ensures all radiographic images are appropriately labeled as specified by the department SOP.
· Performs QC functions related to mammography.
· Evaluates images for technical acceptability and ensures images are transmitted to PACS in a timely fashion.
· Ensures that all studies performed are completed in the Radiology Information System, in a timely fashion.
· Completes all documentation, including computerized documentation.
· Ensures Radiology room and equipment cleanliness, at the start and at the end of the shift, to include removal of soiled or dirty linen.
· Maintains supplies and accessories in radiographic room necessary to safely perform duties, as required.
· Accurately records all required patient tracking information into IDX (Radiology Information System).
· Informs supervisor or appropriate personnel of needed repairs to equipment or unsafe conditions.
· Assists physician directly as required.
· Prevents the spread of infection to self, patients, visitors, and other employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocol.
· Supervises radiology students assigned to his/her clinical area.
· Performs related clerical duties in the absence of support personnel.
What You’ll Bring:
· Graduate of an AMA/J.C.E.R.T. approved program in Radiologic Technology.
· One year full time experience as a Mammography technologist. (will consider new graduates).
· New York State License (L.R.T.).
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Mammography Registered or Eligible. (ARRT- M)
· Basic computer experience
· Good interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and positioning.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.