Mount Sinai Careers
OFFSITE MEDICAL SECRETARY - MANHASSET
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Provides secretarial and clinical support to Physicians & Surgeons in a faculty practice setting.
- May schedule appointments for patients.
- Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider.
- Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
- May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician.
- Education: Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience. Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing clinical duties.
- Experience: 2 years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients.
- Proficient in medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record and/or billing systems preferred, but not required.