Mount Sinai Careers
PROJECT MANAGER I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Internal Medicine Associates – Ambulatory Administration – Requisition 2316206
The Project Manager oversees the operational aspects and scope of a specific project, creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources and assigns individual responsibilities. Effectively applies project methodology and enforces standards while ensuring quality assurance procedures. A Project by definition must have a timeline with a beginning and end date and differs from a business cycle.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project.
- May participate in budget development for the project.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project(s).
- Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project scope and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, including consultants and other outside vendors.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- May oversee participating members of the project to ensure communication is timely and accurate, and that the project needs are met, including documentation for the project.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience; project management experience preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity
employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural
differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated,
whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.