Mount Sinai Careers
DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN A - East 117th Street
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Renal Dialysis Center - Nephrology – Requisition – 2316506
Job Title: Dialysis Technician A – East 117th Street
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Nephrology Technician is a skilled individual who
functions in a support role to the Registered Professional Nurse and other
members of the health care team in the Dialysis Unit(s) by providing direct
care activities as prescribed. The
Nephrology Technician assumes responsibility for technical devices utilized in
the delivery of renal replacement therapies.
Provides direct care to patients receiving renal replacement therapies
as delegated by the Registered Professional Nurse under direct supervision, or
by the attending physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mixes dialysate according to formula, and monitors Reverse Osmosis (RO) logs
- Obtains and records pre and post dialysis treatment weight, blood pressure, apical pulse and temperature.
- Obtains and records blood pressure and dialysis parameters during treatment. Reports abnormal values to the nurse.
- Cannulates patients with grafts or fistulas under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse or physician. Reports any unusual findings
- Initiates hemodialysis via AVG or AVF under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse
- Sets Parameters for the hemodialysis treatment after consultation with a Registered Professional Nurse as follows:
- Blood flow
- Fluid removal parameters(calculates transmembrane pressure and sets pressure limits)
- Provides constant observation for patients during dialysis as assigned.
- Provides emotional support and reports patients' concerns/questions to the nurse.
- Lifts, positions and transports patients as necessary.
- Terminates hemodialysis via arteriovenous graft (AVG) and arteriovenous fistula under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Assumes responsibility for management, maintenance, safety and cleaning of all dialysis equipment per established protocol.
- Obtains blood specimens as directed.
- Assures availability of supplies and equipment at each dialysis station and PD area
- Collaborates with the Materials Coordinator and the Dialysis Maintenance Coordinator to ensure adequate equipment and supplies.
- Receives and stores equipment and supplies. Stocks the utility room
- Performs other tasks as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- HS diploma or GED
- Certification by the Board of Nephrology Examiners Nursing and Technology (BONENT), or certification by the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission - Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT)
- One year minimum as nephrology
technician. Experience in an acute care
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.