Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Researcher, Department of Psychiatry
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
To conduct, under the supervision of Dr. Akbarian and Dr. Kundakovic and Dr. Peter, chromosome conformation capture and other epigenetic molecular assays for scientific / academic projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing PCR primers for epigenetic assays
- Extraction chromatin from human and mouse tissues
- Conducting molecular assays on chromatin extracts
- Run mouse behavioral assays and assist with work in the mouse house
- Assist with quantitative analyses of data
- Work with other lab members to maintain lab organization and lab safety
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Life Sciences
- General experience in working in a molecular laboratory
- Computer and General Skills:
- MS word basic
- Excellent written and oral communication
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.