Mount Sinai Careers
PATIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR - SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Patient Services Coordinator - 2317706
The Patient Services Coordinator plays a crucial role in the delivery of healthcare services.
He/she serves as liaison for patient care activities in the practice and ensures quality patient care during patient visits. The Patient Services Coordinator helps educate patients on their care plans and coordinate services with Primary Care Providers, and out-patient services diagnostic testing facilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works cohesively with the Primary Care Provider to facilitate patients’ care plan by participating in daily huddles/monthly case discussions, facilitating appointments and coordinating information and continuing care requirements.
- Collaborates with other clinical staff, to resolve issues impacting patients’ care progression.
- Monitors and updates dashboard with reminders and alerts, to organize daily tasks such as: visit status reminders, follow-up appointments, authorizations for medical review, coordination of specialty appointments and resolving billing errors (when applicable).
- Contact insurance carriers for patients’ pre-certification; consults with Department/Practice Manager with respect to patients’ needs or addressing escalated issues.
- Provides front-end coverage as needed; records telephone encounters for routing to appropriate Providers.
- Works as liaison with Physicians, patients and clinical staff to connect patients with relevant internal/external resources.
- Provides recommendation for process/service improvement to promote patients satisfaction and address issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Some college; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3 years of healthcare/customer service or relevant experience.