Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Director, Mount Sinai Dowtown Capital Projects-Development Office
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Development Office - 2317808
Senior Director, Mount Sinai Downtown Capital Projects
The Senior Director of Development, Mount Sinai Downtown will focus exclusively on hospital fundraising activities associated with the strategic plan for Mount Sinai Downtown. These projects include but are not limited to the transformation of healthcare delivery in the downtown area including the co-location of Mount Sinai Beth Israel and New York Eye and Ear at Mount Sinai as well as ambulatory care sites at Mount Sinai Union Square and the Blavatnik Family – Chelsea Medical Center. This position reports to the Deputy Chief Development Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of 100-125 principal and major gift prospects.
- Set and achieve ambitious campaign goals fully supported by communications, research and events colleagues.
- Develop strategies to create a non-affinity prospect pipeline for new funding sources and constituencies to support capital and program initiatives at Mount Sinai Downtown
- Partner with hospital leadership and physicians to strengthen and grow hospital grateful patients program.
- Collaborate with leading physicians, senior administrators and fundraising colleagues to develop, test and implement cases for support.
- Build and manage team of front line hospital specific fundraisers.
- Uses the Development Department’s fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge for effective use of information technology, and best practices in donor information management.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to the needs of our donors.
- Provides thorough, accurate, and timely responses to all donor requests or information; and demonstrates exemplary customer service in all exchanges.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 10+ years of frontline fundraising experience with increasing level of responsibility and success.
- Solicitation of multiple 6 and 7 figure gifts from individuals and family foundations.
- Success in creating and sustaining new constituency support.
- Experience with supporting volunteer leadership groups.
- Adapt and utilizing metrics and moves management processes.
- Success raising funds in complex fast paced institutional settings (academic medical not required).
- Additional relevant experience may include but not limited to: Corporate sponsorship; large foundation grants and/or marketing;
- Genuine appreciation of Mount Sinai’s clinical, research and educational mission and values.
- Demonstrated adaptability, initiative taking and resourcefulness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly collaborative, strategic thinker
- Good listener who is intuitive, perceptive and insightful; Superior drive, a sense of urgency, and a desire to create and build; Adaptability to a faced paced environment
- Familiarity with
fundraising databases and knowledge of medical institutions including
typical academic, administrative, and financial
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.