Mount Sinai Careers
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CAPITAL PROJECTS - DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Director, Capital Projects - 2317808
The Senior Director of Development, Mount Sinai Downtown will focus exclusively on hospital fundraising activities associated with the strategic plan for Mount Sinai Downtown. These projects include but are not limited to the transformation of healthcare delivery in the downtown area including the co-location of Mount Sinai Beth Israel and New York Eye and Ear at Mount Sinai as well as ambulatory care sites at Mount Sinai Union Square and the Blavatnik Family – Chelsea Medical Center. This position reports to the Deputy Chief Development Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Manage a portfolio of 100-125 principal and major gift prospects.
• Set and achieve ambitious campaign goals fully supported by communications,
research and events colleagues.
• Develop strategies to create a non-affinity prospect pipeline for new funding
sources and constituencies to support capital and program initiatives at Mount
• Partner with hospital leadership and physicians to strengthen and grow
hospital grateful patients program.
• Collaborate with leading physicians, senior administrators and fundraising
colleagues to develop, test and implement cases for support.
• Build and manage team of front line hospital specific fundraisers.
• Uses the Development Department’s fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge for
effective use of information technology, and best practices in donor information
• Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition,
and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey
sensitivity to the needs of our donors.
• Provides thorough, accurate, and timely responses to all donor requests for
information; and demonstrates exemplary customer service in all exchanges.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
• 10+ years of frontline fundraising experience with increasing level of
responsibility and success.
• Solicitation of multiple 6 and 7 figure gifts from individuals and family
• Success in creating and sustaining new constituency support.
• Experience with supporting volunteer leadership groups.
• Adapt and utilizing metrics and moves management processes.
• Success raising funds in complex fast paced institutional settings (academic
medical not required).
• Additional relevant experience may include but not limited to:
Corporate sponsorship; large foundation grants and/or marketing;
• Genuine appreciation of Mount Sinai’s clinical, research and educational
mission and values.
• Demonstrated adaptability, initiative taking and resourcefulness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Highly collaborative, strategic thinker
• Good listener who is intuitive, perceptive and insightful;
• Superior drive, a sense of urgency, and a desire to create and build;
• Adaptability to a faced paced environment
• Familiarity with fundraising databases and knowledge of medical institutions,
including typical academic, administrative, and financial infrastructures