Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING COORDINATOR-CHARGE ENTRY - SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Billing Coordinator-Charge Entry - 2318068
Performs simple to moderately complex charge entry tasks including entry of charges for services, resolution of claim edits and reconciliation of transactions entered.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Posts simple to moderately complex charges for services; reviews encounter forms for accuracy; ensures correct data entry of codes; ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with required targets.
- Performs batch reconciliation of all charges entered.
- Works and corrects system edits related to charge entry as assigned.
- Coordinates with practice personnel to resolve registration issues.
- Reviews accuracy of billing documents and notifies Billing Manager of issues.
1 year experience in medical billing or health claims
Experience with IDX billing systems preferred.