Mount Sinai Careers
CERTIFIED CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR - NEUROLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Neurology Department at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai has recently been awarded a grant to be part of the NeuroNEXT Network of the National Institute for Neurological Diseases and Stroke. The NeuroNEXT Network is organized to coordinate and conduct multi-center Phase II clinical trials. We are recruiting for a fulltime position as the site NeuroNEXT research coordinator.
The research coordinator will be responsible for network-wide communications, training of local coordinators, protocol review, and patient recruitment and retention. He or she will participate in weekly meetings with the site co-principal investigators, as well as organize and prepare for, attend and track action items (prepare meeting reports) at monthly meetings of the site Executive Committee. The NeuroNEXT coordinator will work closely with the clinical coordinators for each NeuroNEXT Trial in which Mount Sinai is participating. He/she will also provide coordination support for the NeuroNEXT career enhancement related activities (career enhancement Director Dr. Nathalie Jette). He/she will also be expected to participate in all network-wide teleconference and attend investigator meetings.
The research coordinator will conduct seminars/in-services of all department clinical trials coordinators to share best practices and cover key topics to improve the learning and performance of the respective coordinators.
Research studies may involve sites in the Mount Sinai system in addition to those at the Upper East Side Campus so that some local travel within New York City may be required. Occasional travel outside NY to meetings of the NeuroNEXT network will be necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Preferred)
- Certification as CCRC (Certified Clinical Research Coordinator)
- 5 years of experience as research coordinator for clinical trials
- Skilled at Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Knowledge of variety of concepts, practices and procedures in directly related field