Mount Sinai Careers
SENIOR CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR- The Department of Tisch Cancer Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Clinical Researcher Coordinator- #2319226
Roles & Responsibilities:
A Senior Clinical Research Coordinator position is available within the Tisch Cancer Institute. The Senior Clinical Research Coordinator will work with Principle Investigators (PIs), Research Manager and Clinical Research Team to manage data associated with cancer clinical research protocols.
- Participate in Clinical Trial Feasibility, Site Selection Process and Site Initiation Visit.
- Portfolio will include but not limited to complex, first-in-human Phase 1 and Phase 2 trials
- Coordinate patient care with ancillary department such as pathology, interventional radiology, immune monitoring core, clinical laboratory, surgery, stem cell lab, transplant team and clinical services including RTC, and inpatient floors
- Pre-Screen patients by conducting Medical Records review
- With input from PIs and Research RNs, create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) specific for each study
- Coordinate the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening and evaluation of the study subjects
- Prompt PIs, Research Team including Research RNs about protocol requirements for upcoming study visits
- Collect required data and maintain the data management database
- Design specific projects data sets, including the selection of appropriate methods and techniques to capture in case report forms
- Track and maintain Investigator New Drug Safety Reports and identify trends in adverse events
- Assist in preparing and ensuring that grant applications and IRB/GCO documents are submitted
- Coordinates protocols and human subject approvals between various sites
- Assist the Principal Investigator and regulatory staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical trials
- Mentors, trains and reviews the work of CRC I and CRC II and CRC at other sites for multi-center trials
- Develops work flow policies and procedures for assigned trials
- Prepares reports for presentation in conferences and seminars
- Oversees data collection, processing, storage, inventory and quality control for clinical research studies
- Assists in budget preparation and negotiation and assure research billing compliance
- Prepare and participate in external audits including FDA audits
- Perform other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree in health related field. Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of clinical research, and oncology experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities
- Demonstrated leadership potential
The Mount Sinai Health System
believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion
to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we
call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,
you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.