Mount Sinai Careers
Talent Sourcer-Talent Acquisition
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Talent Sourcer will support Recruiters by identifying and attracting best in class candidates. The Talent Sourcer will utilize social networking sites, attend job fairs, champion open houses, network etc…to identify potential qualified candidates that meet the needs of hiring departments. Focus will be on sourcing for similar-type job class positions and hard-to-fill roles.
- Actively mines iGreentree and other online job sites to generate resumes to ensure potential candidates meet requirements.
- Uses databases, Boolean searches, LinkedIn and other social media networks to create a rich talent pipeline for hard to fill, niche, similar type jobs, aged or other key strategic positions.
- Conduct preliminary screenings to qualify candidates identified through research for fit, qualifications and interest in position and present viable candidates to recruiter and/or hiring manager.
- Maintain talent pool of passive candidates to reduce sourcing times on future searches
- Collaborate with Recruiter to create and execute multiple cost-effective sourcing/recruitment
- strategies/plans (recruitment advertising, web-based job boards, educational programs, job fairs, etc.) to identify, build and maintain a database of talent for referral to Talent Acquisition Team for current and future employment opportunities at Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS), within assigned job families.
- Conducts phone screens with applicants to ensure candidates referred to Recruiter meet minimum qualifications and are an organizational fit for Mount Sinai Health System.
- In conjunction with Mount Sinai's advertising agency and Recruiters, create and proof read ad copy in and ensure all external job postings are clear, concise, professionally written, and in line with the Mount Sinai employer brand/branding guidelines.
- Stays up-to-date on new media tools, best practices, and how the talent acquisition organization can best utilize these recruiting/networking tools in social media.
- Creates a monthly/quarterly dashboard of metrics, utilizing a variety of analytical tools to perform statistical analysis measures to evaluate effectiveness of sourcing strategies
- Provides complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidate about the company and position, reinforcing the values and culture of Mount Sinai Health System
- Be Mount Sinai's brand ambassador, and ensure that the best and brightest are joining our team.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Human Resources, Marketing / Advertising, Organizational Development, Communications, or Psychology strongly preferred; Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- 1-3 years of sourcing and/or marketing/advertising/communications experience and knowledge of HR preferred
- Strong computer & technology skills, including 1-3 years experience using ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) & CRM (Candidate Relationship Management) database software. (Oracle, Taleo, & Ascendify preferred)
- Comprehensive demonstration of Social Media & Digital Strategy is a must
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and communication skills required
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is essential
- PHR is a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.