Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Ultrasound Technician - Dubin Breast Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Under supervision of physicians and Ultrasound Supervisor, prepares patients and examination areas in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Sets up, cleans and adjusts sonography equipment. Observes safety precautions both for equipment maintenance and patient well-being. Provides patient orientation prior to examination session.
- Under supervision, performs or assists in performing
sonographic diagnostic evaluation in accordance with established clinical
protocols. Operates and adjusts equipment, observing safety guidelines.
Responds to patients' needs during testing. Records and codes all applicable
examination results and completes all relevant medical documentation. May
perform specialized diagnostic examinations as permitted by experience or
- Provides related support functions as required. Schedules examinations; initiates transportation; maintains examination files and statistics. May answer telephones for area and record messages. Maintains clean work area and maintains full stock of applicable clinical supplies.
- Ensures good working order of equipment. Troubleshoots routine equipment problems or seeks technical assistance for equipment malfunctions, keeping supervisor(s) appropriately informed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required as professional technologist. May assist with the training and orientation of residents from various departments and clinical students.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent NYS-accredited
training program in sonography
- Min 1 year experience