Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL RESEARCH MANAGER - Health Policy
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Center for Health Equity and Community
Engaged Research (CHECER) in the Department of Population Health Science and
Policy aims to promote health equity locally, nationally and globally by
creating evidence to guide policy decisions and preparing investigators to
conduct health equity and community engaged research that improves health and
CHECER is seeking a dedicated, innovative, enthusiastic, and highly experienced professional to serve as Project Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to interact with a diverse array of researchers and collaborate with a variety of institutions/organizations to work on several cancer studies.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI), the research team, and with other partnering sites to serve as an operational leader of several cancer research projects.
- Provide leadership to the research team and partnering sites
- Maintain and develop communications between Investigators, the scientific team, partner sites, and key stakeholders including the funding agency
- Work closely with the PI, Investigators, partners, and stakeholders to develop and implement protocols that manifest the project design. These protocols must uphold the highest standards of scientific conduct, and comply with human subjects requirements be consistent with timelines as developed by the funding agency
- Develop study timelines, work plans and track progress
- Oversee the production of deliverables, consistent with the requirements of the funding agency
- Manage the project budget
- Provide administrative management of the various subcontracts
- Report progress to investigators, partners, and stakeholders
- Identify potential barriers to progress and work with the PI to provide leadership around or though them
- Oversee and ensure the timely submission of required or appropriate grant applications and IRB/GCO documents
- Work with program leadership as necessary to assure the timely preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing research activities
- Oversee research team and ensure timelines are met and workflow is appropriate
- Other activities and roles as may be required by the Principal Investigator
- A Master’s Degree is required
- Familiarity and experience with project management, cancer research, and health care are all advantages, but not required
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.