Mount Sinai Careers
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II - CARDIOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Administrative Assistant ll - 2321624
This position provides a wide variety of administrative support services including budget preparation and control activities, preparation and control of records, statistics and reports regarding operations and personnel matters. May serve as administrative liaison with others related to purchasing, human resources, facilities and operations. Typically reports to a division head.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and monitors budgets and grant allocations, and maintains accruals. Prepares documents required to maintain balanced accounts for review and approval.
- Maintains departmental employee files, and ensures compliance with regulatory standards. Initiates and follows through on human resources and payroll transactions. Generates weekly payroll submission. Maintains liaison with human resources and payroll to coordinate and resolve issues and problems
- Assists in the planning and logistical arrangements for forums, conferences, seminars, meetings and/or visiting professorships. Assist in the development and coordination of informational packets for participants. Transcribes and distributes minutes.
- Ensures adequate restock of supplies for department. Takes inventory or examines merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Requisitions merchandise from supplier and collaborates with Purchasing to secure the best pricing for equipment and supplies. Tracks expiration of vendors contracts and renews as needed.
- 5 years related administrative or business experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of experience; Bachelor's preferred
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices
- Knowledge and skill in accounting and budgeting techniques
- Skill in use of personal computers and software