Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Associate, Commercialization Operations
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Associate, Commercialization Operations- Req. 2324136
Mount Sinai is one of the largest health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (18th ranked medical school). We have ~40,000 employees working together each year to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health and customer value. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai, 400+ people with expertise in clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development. MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who:
· Are comfortable “playing up” and “playing down” as needed to accomplish business objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environment
· Seek to improve the status quo
Within MSHP, the Commercialization Team was created to assemble Mount Sinai's clinical and population health assets into product offerings (e.g., care bundles, worksite health centers, insurance products in partnership with health plans), and sell them to individuals and employers via multiple channels . We are looking for talented professionals to join this team with experience in strategy, product management, operations, sales and account management. We want people who are passionate about developing a true system of care that can create market-leading value for our customers, members and patients.
Each of these new product offerings will have important population health features including: (1) value-based pricing (2) a curated network of high-value physicians (3) optimized care pathways and related programs, and (4) an enhanced patient experience. For worksite health centers, MSHP builds a primary and urgent care practice right at the employer’s worksite with a value-based financial model that enables the clinician to spend more time with the patient. For care bundles, MSHP accepts a fixed-price for an episode of care provided by a curated network of high-value physicians with new care pathways to ensure holistic and consistent care. For insurance products, MSHP partners with like-minded insurers to wrap a health plan around our clinically-integrated network of physicians, hospitals, and other providers. The goal of each product is to increase the value for employers and their employees, mitigating the effects of the affordability crisis.
Healthcare in the U.S. has become a fragmented, expensive, and error-prone system that does not deliver the value consumers expect. Come join a group of smart, passionate individuals who recognize business as usual is over and are together innovating a new system of care. We are looking for a Seniorto join our Commercialization Operations Team, focused on developing healthcare solutions that deliver a great value and a best-in-class experience for our customers. In this role, you will drive the design, implementation, and operation of the Commercialization Team’s new solutions in collaboration with our Product Development and Sales teams, including engaging with our clients directly as we ideate and implement solutions that meet their needs. The Senior Associate is a highly visible role with significant opportunities to lead change and engage with
- With clinical oversight from a Medical Director, develop and refine a robust clinical and operational playbook for solutions as MSHP gains more customers. This playbook will guide MSHP’s future implementations of solutions and will be leveraged across different initiatives within Mount Sinai
- Interface with customers, leading key aspects of account management activities throughout the implementation and ongoing operation of product solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of professional experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven aptitude for process improvement; Certification programs and/or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related fields desired
- Experience at a leading management consulting firm, leading health care system, and/or high-growth/scaled health care startups preferre
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated team playe
- Solutions-oriented thinker
- Passion for health care as evidenced by academic or personal pursuits and professional experience