Mount Sinai Careers
Per Diem Radiologic Technologist - Dubin Breast Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Identifies patient service requirements. Gains patient
cooperation by discussion of process and helping patient to reduce anxiety,
providing explanations of treatment and answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by
positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into
specified position and accurately adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing
radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive methods, patient
shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Documents patient care services and examinations by
charting in patient and department records.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by performing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs; may assist in the evaluation of new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipates needed supplies and alerts management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by
maintaining regulatory CME requirements. Attends educational workshops, reviews
professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
- New York State Dept. of Health Licensed Radiologic Technologist
- Certification as a Registered Technologist is preferred – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)