Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Director - Oncology
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Facilitates all Patient Satisfaction efforts to include the management of the Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey process as well as action plans to help position the MSDFP among the top faculty practice plans in the country.
- Identifies Best Practices and works with the clinical departmental leadership to develop new processes that are relevant, cost effective and will improve throughput.
- Leads the organizations’ Process Improvement initiatives and works with clinical departments to ensure that objectives are met.
- Manages the Emergency Preparedness initiatives for the Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice and represents the Practice in Medical Center wide emergency preparedness efforts.
- Coordinates and facilitates the MSDFP Ambulatory Executive Committee.
- Works closely with Administrators and Practice Managers to assist in process and operational improvement efforts as well as to optimize the use of the GE Centricity practice management system (Registration and Scheduling) and the EPIC electronic medical record.
- Responsible for improving access to care by working with Departmental Administrators and Managers to improve telephone services as well as physician scheduling capacity. Oversees the use of the Siemens Automated Call Distribution System and its associated technology.
- Oversees the use of business systems that optimize clinical effectiveness such as ZOCDOC, Patient Online, and the Automated Appointment Reminder System.
- Directs the newly created Centralized Call Center designed to ensure that patient appointments are managed to meet Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice performance standards. This Call Center will grow to more than 75 employees over the course of the next two years.
- Coordinates off campus practice expansion to include Mount Sinai Urgent Care and Multi-specialty Group Practice and Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice in Chinatown.
- Directs the MSDFP Therapeutic Infusion Center and ensures operational collaboration with Hospital partners to optimize patient satisfaction and service.
- Participates in the planning, design and implementation of off-campus physician practice development.
- Oversees the MSDFP Administrative Team of Senior Business and Management Analysts.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Building a Successful Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Driving for Results - Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Building Partnerships - Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individuals’ effectiveness.
- Gaining Commitment - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Compliance - Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.