Mount Sinai Careers
Outreach Program Coordinator, Environmental Medicine and Public Health
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Outreach Program Coordinator, 2325480
The Outreach Coordinator creates, organizes and schedules outreach activities and special events. Engage patients and initiates care management services. Create awareness and promote engagement, education and specific services to the community. Initiates and develops key relationships between individuals or groups in the community and Mount-Sinai Health Systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain current outreach and retention strategy to identify and target occupational health needs of various groups of patients in the community as identified by needs assessment reports
- Cultivate strong working relationships by maintaining regular communication with community and volunteer organizations to identify and utilize innovative strategies to engage members and promote services offered by Mount-Sinai Health System
- Develop, implement and evaluate retention activities to help maintain and bolster patient volume through focus groups, enrollment assistance and benefits counseling sessions
- Assist in gauging program effectiveness to improve and support program operations and standards, streamline work process and to increase the efficiency of the program
- Educate and provide general assistance to various groups of patients regarding services offered and other public benefits
- Coordinate and attend regularly scheduled meetings with outreach and retention stakeholders
- Act as a liaison to advisory board members
- Conduct presentations at community meetings regarding various services offered
- Coordinate and plan seminars, conferences and other educational workshops
- Assist in development of marketing materials to support outreach and retention activities and implement strategies that include but are not limited to website development, advertisement, radio and printed media
- Submit regularly activities reports for funding agencies to meet reporting deadlines
- Maintain meeting minutes and other administrative duties as needed
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Manager of the Member Services Department
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience: 3 years of outreach experience strongly preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.