Mount Sinai Careers
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relay messages and greets visitors.
- Opens, sorts and prioritizes mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, coding, updating and destruction.
- Types routine correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and other documents from dictation or handwritten copy. Proofreads typed materials and makes corrections, as needed.
- May screen and schedule patient appointments, schedule referrals of special testing or doctor's visits, and keep record of patient billing for submission.
- Education: Associate Degree in secretarial science, Secretarial School diploma or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience
- Builds Customer Loyalty: Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiates Action: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.