Mount Sinai Careers
Applications Analyst III - Epic
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2327768
Applications Analyst III, 2327768
Applications Analyst III supervises and provides technical guidance to the
staff in the development of specifications for new or revised systems.
This position is a senior-level analyst position responsible for acquiring in-depth knowledge of EPIC clinical software, working independently in completing project tasks and leading the execution of the following tasks as part of a clinical systems implementation: building system components, testing, documentation of workflows and other project information, implementation support and maintenance of Epic clinical software.
In addition this position requires the ability to independently interact with clients and guide decision making as well as demonstrate critical thinking and follow through when developing solutions to identified issues.
- Has full technical knowledge of applications analysis and has supervisory duties of instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of the other Applications Analysts
- Assists in planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the section
- May work with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes, and in the application design, testing and implementation process (e.g., diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.)
- Coordinates the activities of the section with other IT sections (e.g., database, telecommunications, operations, technical support, etc.)
- Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
- Assists in all levels of supervision and may perform management function in the absence of the Manager
- May act as a project leader
- Other duties as assigned
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.