Mount Sinai Careers
Nurse Practitioner- NP- Radiation Oncology- MSH- NY Proton Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Nurse Practitioner- NY Proton Center- Req # 2329424
- Assesse the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
- Initiate selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
- Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
- Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
- Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
- Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
- Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
- NYS RN and NP with Master's Degree, BCLS, DEA and at least 2 years acute care oncology exp. Experience with radiation oncology patients preferred.