Mount Sinai Careers
Web Developer - ICAHN INSTITUTE FOR GENOMICS & MULTISCALE BIOLOGY- GENETIC & GENOMIC SCIENCES
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Icahn Institute for Genomics & Multiscale Biology is looking for talented experts in biomedical informatics and data science with the responsibilities and qualifications listed below. At the Icahn Institute, our vision is to transform biomedical research and healthcare delivery into a data-driven, evidence-based, patient-tailored discipline. The Icahn Institute was founded in 2011 to help advance precision medicine with cutting-edge technologies, novel partnerships between the public and private sectors, and world class computational and analytical resources. By maximally leveraging information from patients around the world, we deliver premier precision care optimized for each patient, while discovering breakthrough, next-generation treatments through insights derived from cutting-edge analytics applied to unprecedented amounts of patient-derived data. We promote a core set of values – designed to promote our future vision of team-oriented, data driven global biomedical research: 1) Do good for the patient, 2) Simplify, 3) Share openly, 4) Focus, 5) Synergize, 6) Contributions, not politics, and 7) Deliver.
You will be a Full Stack Developer who is passionate about building software applications, ranging from beautiful websites and mobile applications to conversational interface applications across our portfolio of companies. You should be comfortable with the entire web stack, from implementing visual designs, working with backend databases and working on emerging technologies (e.g. chatbots, virtual reality, augmented reality, etc.). You deliver business value in an environment that fosters creativity, play, and hard work. This is a tremendous opportunity for growth in our fast growing organization.
Web Developer may work on many of the cutting-edge research areas at Mount Sinai, including:
- Write supporting code for Web applications or Web sites
- Design, build, and maintain Web sites, using design applications and front-end techniques
- Write, design, or edit Web page content, or direct others producing content
- Select programming languages, design tools, or applications
- Maintain understanding of current Web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Develop Web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, or industry standards
- Develop and document style guidelines for Web site content
- Develop or implement procedures for ongoing Web site revision
- Create the visual elements including videos, illustrations, 3D renders and animation and implement the multimedia content into the websites
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and programming proficiencies and proven expertise in high-dimensional data analysis.
- Understanding business requirements and their translation to technical requirements
- Working in a highly collaborative setting, pair programming and design pairing is a must
- Implementing application features and new designs
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs with rapid turnaround
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Informatics or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Fluent with HTML5, CSS (LESS/SCSS/SASS), and rich interaction experiences to building performant backend API behaviors and evolvable data schemas.
- Developing and consuming .NET Core Web API via REST protocol
- Working understanding of SQL and database connectivity
- Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required
- Working experience with genetics or statistics analysis software and online resources or other biomedical data analysis is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices such as: version control, code review, unit/regression testing, continuous development/continuous integration.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.