Mount Sinai Careers
Registered Ultrasound Technician (5+ years experience) - FT Days - Dubin Breast Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operates and adjusts ultrasound equipment, cleans and makes minor adjustments, taking safety precautions necessary to protect patients and personnel from electric shock or other hazards. Reports any malfunction to the appropriate person.
- Communicates with the patient, their representative and staff. Explains the exam and instructions to the patient and other health care providers, answering questions that are unrelated to specific diagnostic, treatment and/or prognosis
- Develops and/or modifies a procedure plan from health status and medical history, using age and gender appropriate considerations.
- Uses independent professional judgment to adopt the procedure plan to optimize exam results. Performs exams under general or direct physician supervision as defined by the procedure, adjusting scanning technique to optimize image qualify and spectral waveform characteristics.
- Education: High School graduate and registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Experience: Five+ years of experience as an Ultrasound Technologist
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices.
- Skill in use of personal computers and software.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion.