Mount Sinai Careers
IT Director - Infrastructure/CMDB
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Infrastructure - Req #2330812
The Director of Information Technologies is responsible for planning designing and implementing organization wide information systems and technologies. Other responsibilities include research, development and application of new information system technologies to support the goals of managing and operating the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will lead the CMDB initiative within service management
- Works in tandem with top management to achieve corporate objectives by directing and leading project members and project teams
- Offers critical technical recommendations to ensure solutions are implemented effectively
- Deep knowledge of ITIL best practices
- Deep knowledge of security best practices and trends throughout the industry
- Reviews and evaluates and adjusts project plans and objectives.
- Tracks project progress with respect to time, budget and demonstrated results.
- Communicates progress to top management and modifies schedules as required.
- Negotiates with clients, staff and outside vendors as required.
- Establishes quality and performance targets.
- Applies effective project management methodologies and control techniques.
- Recommends changes to the infrastructure consistent with achieving broad objectives.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and/or Information Systems with course work in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's preferred.
- CMDB experience required
- ITISM & ITIL experience highly preferred
- 12 years of progressive information systems management experience preferably in a health care field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated financial management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Attention to details
- Special skills include systems development and planning, systems integration and networking.