Mount Sinai Careers
Director Supplier Diversity-Supply Chain
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Director Supplier Diversity
Roles & Responsibilities:
The role reports to the Senior Vice President of Supply Chain with a dotted line to the Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of the Office for Diversity and Inclusion. The role will be responsible for creating, implementing and managing the MSHS Supplier Diversity program. The Director will use MSHS data to determine the supplier diversity area of focus and coordinate all supplier diversity activities. Additionally the director will represent the Supplier Diversity Program with community groups and various MSHS diversity councils. Additionally, the director will also attend, coordinate and support event campaigns as required; assist in the development and delivery of presentations to pertinent internal and external constituents; and train employees on supplier diversity internal administrative processes and system requirements.
- Development and execution of the system wide Supplier Diversity strategy, program, policy and procedures that ensure alignment with MSHS corporate diversity strategy and compliance with governing Federal and State laws.
- Manage all grant related Small Business Enterprise (SBE)/Minority and Women owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) supplier utilization plans for System hospitals.
- Support Icahn School of Medicine Finance division with federal grant SBE suppliers.
- Identify and qualify potential diverse suppliers for both strategic and ongoing spend.
- Develop and maintain effective infrastructure reporting to ensure reliability of supplier diversity data.
- Develop and execute a community outreach program resulting in the development of a reputation as a leader in both the local business community and the healthcare industry.
- Maintain all diverse suppliers tier II reported data.
- Collaborate with the Office for Diversity and Inclusion to align the supplier diversity program with the MSHS diversity vision.
- Create and supervise supplier diversity work plans for interns from the Office for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Supervise interns and other staff as needed.
- Provide Procure-to-Pay education and support to diverse suppliers.
- Ability to pull reports and analyze supplier data.
- Demonstrates ability and passion for dissecting/solving problems with a fact based, data driven, rigorous, and creative approach
- Thrives when multi-tasking and work best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Manages multiple tasks, projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Excellent attention to detail and have strong analytical skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills, willing to go above and beyond to resolve an issue
- Ability to be comfortable and credible with “C” level executives and other external contacts
- Resourceful with a strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters’ Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology and vendor management
- Must have at least 5-7 years of Supply Chain Management experience
- Ability to research, review, analyze, and cross reference complex data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.