Mount Sinai Careers
Recruiter I, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Recruiter I is responsible for the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to recruit and retain top health care professionals for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. This role will function as a liaison between Human Resources, Departments, Hiring managers and external clients to facilitate the various operational and staffing goals of the Medical Center.
- Support company and departmental business goals by meeting/exceeding individual placement objectives by independent sourcing of candidates with minimal use of outside agencies
- Partner closely with Hiring Managers to understand staffing and operational needs and to develop recruitment strategies to source and secure qualified candidates. Provide ideas and direction to find the ideal candidates
- Manage relationships with internal and external sourcing resources in order to fill the position in a timely and cost effectively matter
- Serve as the liaison between the candidate and management during the interview and selection process. Consult and advise hiring managers on overall hiring process, collaborate on job requisition details and creation, and advise on effective candidate assessment/interview techniques
- Consistently update applicant tracking system and hiring managers in a timely manner to ensure that hiring requirements are met
- Identifying viable client prospects from various sources including: directories, contact lists, databases, leads, internet resources, and personal networking
- Place employment advertisements in various print media, approved Internet sites, agencies, schools
- Organize and attend recruitment events – career fairs, networking events and open houses, etc.
- Facilitate the requisition process by reviewing Job Descriptions, funding sources, position numbers for all approved requisitions to ensure accuracy and timely posting of positions
- Monitor, update and review requisitions and applicant information in the applicant tracking database in addition to reviewing resumes, applications and entering offers in the system
- Negotiate compensation package, sign-on bonus and relocation expenses with hiring managers and Compensation department to extend offer to candidate
- Assists and follow up with the Senior Staffing Specialist regarding all facets of the Recruitment process to ensure that timely and effective recruitment practices are being executed
- Oversee new hire process to ensure the completion of the on-boarding process such as the New Hire Physicals, Background Check and education verification
- Mentor and assist junior level staff in achieving professional success, development and achieving career goals
- Assist departments, employees and all levels of management with various inquiries and concerns
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of recruiting/placement experience in the health care industry or equivalent combination of education and experience in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal and organization skills with the ability to interact will all levels through the organization. Time management skills and ability to prioritize. Demonstrated attention to detail. Prior experience with sourcing and recruiting candidates. Ability to generate high volume/high quality candidates under very tight time lines. Ability to be proactive and to build strong inter-company relationships
- Proficiency in internet, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.