Mount Sinai Careers
PROJECT MANAGER I - FPA ACCESS CENTER
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Access Center currently employees over 200 Patient Coordinators including home based agents. Operationally, the Access Center supports approximately 35 system wide clinical departments with over 200k incoming calls and 35k outbound calls per month. Multiple EMR’s are utilized in addition to with several IT/Telecom initiatives.
The Project Manager oversees the operational aspects
and scope of a specific project, creates and executes project work plans and
revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies
resources and assigns individual responsibilities. Effectively applies project
methodology and enforces standards while ensuring quality assurance procedures.
A Project by definition must have a timeline with a beginning and end date and
differs from a business cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Alters plans and makes recommendations for future project phases or future projects, based on lessons learned from the project
- Develops a budget for the project and is responsible for the allocation of resources
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project(s)
- Ensures all staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project met. May contribute to the performance evaluation of the employees associated with the project scope and may evaluate vendors and consultants and their effectiveness and ability to deliver as promised
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, including consultants and other outside vendors
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Will oversee the participating members of the project to ensure communication is timely and accurate, and that the project needs are met, including documentation for the project
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting; some project management experience highly preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.