Mount Sinai Careers
ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER I - DIAGNOSTIC, MOLECULAR & INTERV RADIOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Associate Researcher l - 2332260
The Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute (TMII) at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking an Associate Researcher I to work on their Bruker Biospec 70/30 7T and Bruker 9.4T micro MR imaging systems.
TMII is located in the newly built Hess Center for Science and Medicine, equipped with state of the art multiple research-dedicated human and animal imaging systems (9.4T, 7T, 3T, 1.5T, integrated MR/PET, PET/CT, MDCTs, near infra read fluorescence, bioluminescence, ultrasound), among other instruments. The position will require interaction with a dynamic group of a diverse team of multi-institutional investigators. Previous experience with MR imaging in small animals is highly preferable.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Management of laboratory resources, such as ordering and cataloguing of consumables and supplies
- Submission and management of animal protocols to the appropriate ethics committees
- Management of animals colonies, and animals handling
- Running imaging experiments on either pre-clinical or clinical systems
- Performing ex vivo analysis (histology, fluorescence, radiometric assays)
- Analysis of laboratory and imaging data, as well as compilation of results
- Perform other related work as required
The candidate should have a Bachelor of Master degree in biomedical sciences, or engineering, chemistry, computer science, physics, mathematics or any related field