Mount Sinai Careers
PER DIEM CLINICAL NURSE - AMBULATORY LIVER CLINIC - DAY HOURS
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Institute for Advanced Medicine – Ambulatory Liver Clinic – Job Requisition 2333634
Job Title: PER DIEM CLINICAL NURSE - AMBULATORY LIVER CLINIC - DAY HOURS
Hours: Monday-Friday shifts, 8:00am-4:30pm or 9:00am-5:30pm
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Per Diem Clinical Nurse is a Professional Registered Nurse / RN who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
- Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing.
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing hired prior to January 1995.
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing with current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire will be considered by the Clinical Director of Nursing.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN Licensure
- Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.
- Evidence of ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, work effectively to solve problems and confronts issues appropriately.
- Visual, aural, and cognitive ability to assess patient status. Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.