Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2333668
IT Project Coordinator II
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Coordinator II is responsible for leading, planning, managing and directing a project team to accomplish the objectives of a project with limited, local objectives. Coordinates schedules and assigns project tasks. Maintains working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.Duties and Responsibilities:
1. With client management defines the objectives to be accomplished by the project team.
2. Directs systems analysts, software designers and programmers to determine the best methods to achieve the projects objectives.
3. Allocates staff and budget resources to achieve project objectives.
4. Organizes and guides project operations through the use of systems development and project management methodologies accepted by the industry.
5. Evaluates and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
6. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
7. Modifies schedules as required.
8. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support.
9. Uses appropriate systems development methodologies to structure and organize the tasks to be completed by the team and develops the project plan.
10. Monitors and reports project status using established metrics against the plan.
11. Reviews the team’s work products, and participates in staff performance evaluations.
12. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related disciplineExperience
- Four years of related experience as a project team member of which at least two year has been in a leadership position or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Requires strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.